Followers

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Beginning

Well, where do I start? For the past few years I have constantly juggled the idea of starting my own blog. I love testing out new products and constantly stalking google images for new looks. I have been a makeup junkie for as long as I can remember . Thanks to mom who had tried to get me over my fear of Michael Jackson’s "Thriller". Oh how I was petrified of that video. My mom actually had to sit me down and show me a behind the making. Ever since that day, I knew in my heart I wanted to be a makeup artist.

It began when I decided to enroll in cosmetology school freshly out of highschool and depsised every single moment of it!!! Finally, the rents understood and let me enroll in a makeup program called "From Dawn to Dusk". I knew I found my calling the moment I opened my giant train case filled with more makeup than I have ever owned.

From there I progressed to get my first cosmetics job which was with Sephora. What an amazing place to start out your profession in! I was able to learn about hundreds of different cosmetics brands and begin to establish my favorite lines. My store had chosen me to be part of a few amazing opportunities including the chance to work at the one and only Smashbox studios in LA for the first “Little Bra Company” runway show. What an experience that was. I was selected to do many more things with the company as well.

After a few years of working for Sephora, I ventured out into the excited world of freelance. (That was a joke lol). Every artist out there understands the instability of freelance retail. Lucky that only lasted a few months before I was promoted to an Account Executive and Education trainer for Tarte cosmetics. I had a blast. I got to travel, meet countless amounts of new and amazing people and network! After a sad short running with Tarte I ventured back out to the freelance world.

Well the freelance world wasn't exactly working too well. Any other freelancers out there have to drive 150 to 200 miles away to work a 4 hour event and not even get paid for travel time? Then you feel my pain. I took a job that wasn’t exactly my cup of tea. My amazing parents understood  how unhappy I was being out of the industry, they gave me the opportunity to go back to school and achieve my esthetics license.

Speed up to today and I am freshly out of school awaiting my test date for my esthetics license. In the meantime I am working with a few wonderful people in building my portfolio (pictures to soon follow). A shoot was just completed last week and let me tell you, it was a blast! Hopefully, anyone who decides to follow my blog will also be following the stepping stones of my wonderful career as an artist!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so now you've heard from my amazingly talented daughter. Yes, I am a very proud mom. This career has been a while in the making and has finally become a reality. There have been a few trial and errors but you don't know what you really want until you try. Those how know Jackie do know how talented she is. This is where she needs to be. She's also a terrific person. Hang out on her blog and you'll see what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete