Followers

Thursday, August 25, 2011

ELLE

Recently I have had the opportunity to work with 2 amazing people. The first is the upcoming musician Elle. I have to say she is one of the most amazing people I have worked with in a long time. Beautiful, talented, and a personality to knock your socks off. I was lucky enough to fill in as a replacement artist for some pictures on her press kit.
 The photographer she chose to work with was Erik Motta and his wonderful assistant Ari Zapata. Elle's personality was captured flawlessly in his photography. Fantastic music played in his studio made it a comfortable place to be in. He did two separate looks to show off how individual she is.
For her makeup we stuck with a very basic look. She loves her winged eyeliner which became a staple for Elle. I had run out of my Smudge Pot so I went to CVS and substituted it with Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. The eyeliner worked great. It was a cheaper alternative to the Smudge Pot. Like everything though, there are still the perks for the good stuff. The Smudge Pot by Stila  is bolder in color and I find to last a little longer.
As for foundation, I discovered a nice surprise. Revlon's photo ready foundation was incredible! A friend I went to school with had told me about the formula but I honestly forgot to try it. Elle brought her own and I was curious to try it out. It is now a product I will fully stock in my kit when my Airbrush is unavailable. We finished her off with a little bronzer, a MAC blush of her choice and my favorite eyelashes! They are half a strip of lashes to lay in the corner. Accentuates the cateye wonderfully! Finished with a nude lip for the one shoot and added a cupcake pink lipstick for the other!
All in all, the day turned out to be great. We even booked another shoot and vamped up that leopard print skirt! I cant wait to see the pictures and share them with you also. Feel free to check out the links below to see more work by Elle and Erik! 

ELLE:
 http://www.officialellemusic.com/
http://www.facebook.com/ellefanpage

Erik Motta:
http://www.erikmotta.com/
http://www.facebook.com/erikmottaphoto






No comments:

Post a Comment